Friday, July 24, 2015

News & Packing

Hola chicos! Today I'm going to tell you some news, what happened in these last days. You know, just 4 days and then I'll take the flight that'll change my life, these last moments are very important for me and my family. I'll write about the gift I'm going to do and at last about packing. 


First of all I wanna tell you I received the Visa and the Passport, in fact when I went to the consulate I had to leave it there and then Wep sent it to be. It's pretty nice, here is the pic.  I have already talked about it but I'll say it again: the Visa is the document that allows you to go to the US and to stay there for a determined period. This is a j-1, for the exchange students and lasts an year. 

It's almost time, I'm preparing all I'll need. As I have already told you my friends organised me a party and I'm going to do another one on Monday, the last day, with the friends closer to me. In the last days I got the gift to bring to my host family and also the ones for my family here in Italy. I bought engraved jewels, on a keychain 'the best brother', on a necklace 'the best mother' and on a tie holder 'the best father'. I'll write about them in the following days. 

Packing
From the moment I have known the travel details I started thinking about when I would have to do the luggages, to pack. This is it, packing time is now. What to bring, what not to bring? This is the question. I've just 23 kg for the main luggage and then 8 for the handle one. Anyway I've almost done all of it: I started putting in the winter clothes, as there it's colder than here, then documents as visa and passport, then the gift for my host family. Today I' put into other things and also summer clothes, leaving out the ones for these last 4 days, I'll put them into the handle luggage. To be honest it has been easier than I thought. The main luggage is done and the weight is right, just 20 kg. I prepared also the letter for my parents and their gift, I'll give them at the airport.
So also another point of the To Do List is gone... Pack! ☑️


Italian Translation
Ciao ragazzi! Oggi ho intenzione di raccontarvi un po' le novità, cos'è successo in questi ultimi giorni. Sapete, solo 4 giorni e prenderò il volo che cambierà la mia vita, questi ultimi momenti sono molto importanti per me e la mia famiglia. Vi parlerò dei regali che farò e, infine, della preparazione delle valigie. 
Prima di tutto voglio dirvi che ho ricevuto il visto e il passaporto che avevo dovuto lasciare in consolato. Come potete vedere nella foto il visto che ho ottenuto è un j-1 per exchange. 
È quasi ora, sto preparando tutto il necessario. Come vi ho già detto i miei amici mi hanno organizzato una festa e ce ne sarà un'altra lunedì, l'ultimo giorno. Negli ultimi giorni ho comprato i regali da portare alla mia host family e anche per la mia famiglia qui in Italia. Ho comprato dei gioielli incisi, un portachiavi per mio fratello, una collana per mia mamma e un fermacravatta per mio papà. Vi farò sapere come andrà nei prossimi giorni.
Dal momento in cui ho ricevuto i dettagli del volo ho iniziato a pensare al fatto di dover fare le valigie. Ci siamo, è ora. Cosa portare, cosa non portare? Questo è il dilemma. Ho sono 23 Kg per il bagaglio da mettere nella stiva e 8 per il bagaglio a mano, più una tracolla o la valigetta per il computer. Comunque ho quasi fatto: ho iniziato mettendo dentro i vestiti invernali visto che là fa più freddo, poi i documenti e il passaporto e i regali per la host family. Oggi ho messo anche i vestiti estivi, tenendo fuori le cose per questi ultimi giorni che metterò poi nel bagaglio a mano. Ad essere sincero è stato più facile di quanto mi aspettassi. La valigia grande è fatta e il peso è giusto, solo 20 Kg. Ho preparato anche la lettera per i miei genitori e i regali per loro che consegnerò in aeroporto.
E così anche un alto punto della lista delle cose da fare è andato... Valigie fatte! ☑️

No comments:

Post a Comment