Friday, August 28, 2015

Exchange Year - My First Month

Yeah, I know, it's incredible, it's already passed a month since the day I left my country, my family, my friends and my life to start another one. These are the moments when you realise how the life goes fast, how the time flies and that's why you must seize the day.  The reason why I'm writing this post is to do a sort of summary of this thirty days here, to make some considerations and remarks.

Without any doubt I have no regrets, I'm really happy for the choices I made. This experience is definitely an unique opportunity and it's changing my life, it's changing me. Living here I've realised how many differences there are, most of all from stereotypes. My English is pretty good now, I understand almost everything; my Spanish still needs improving, most of all because of the hispanic accent, but I'm working on it. Do I miss my country? Yes, of course, I miss my family, my friends. Sometimes it's difficult, it doesn't matter how strong or independent you think to be, everyone feels homesick... You can go wherever, you'll never find a place where you fell like at home. I'm fine tho, I'm doing great, everything is good. I get along with my host family, at school everything is awesome. 
I wish what I'm doing here it's useful,  that helps the people who know me in Italy and that helps students that are thinking about becoming exchange students, and again, ask if you have questions, I'll be happy to figure it out with you. Guys, there isn't anything in the world that can be compared to this, it's not an year in your life, it's your life in an year!

Italian Translation
Si, lo so, è incredibile, è già passato un mese da quando ho lasciato il mio paese, la mia famiglia, i miei amici e la mia vita per iniziarne un'altra. Questi sono i momenti in cui ti rendi conto di quanto la vita passi in fretta, di come il tempo voli ed è per questo che dobbiamo cogliere l'attimo. La ragione per cui sto scrivendo questo post è per fare una specie di punto della situazione di questi primi trenta giorni qui, fare alcune considerazioni e riflessioni.

Senza dubbio non ho rimpianti, sono davvero felice per le scelte che ho fatto. Questa esperienza è di sicuro un'opportunità unica e sta cambiando la mia vita, sta cambiando me. Vivendo qui mi sono reso conto di quante differenze ci siano, soprattutto dagli stereotipi. Il mio inglese non è niente male ora; il mio spagnolo deve migliorare, soprattuto per l'accento ispanico, ma ci sto lavorando. Mi manca il mio paese? Si, certo, mi manca la mia famiglia, i miei amici. Qualche volta è difficile, non importa quanto forte o indipendente tu sia, chiunque si sente nostalgico... Puoi andare ovunque, non troverai mai un posto dove tu ti senta come a casa. Sto bene comunque, va tutto alla grande. Vado d'accordo con la mia famiglia ospitante, a scuola è fantastico. Spero che ciò che sto facendo qui sia utile, ch aiuti le persone ch mi conoscono in Italia e che aiuti gli studenti che stanno pensando di diventare exchange students, e ancora, per qualsiasi domanda contattatemi, sarò felice di esservi d'aiuto. Ragazzi, non c'è niente al mondo che possa essere paragonato a questo, non è un anno della vostra vita, ma la vostra vita in un anno!

Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment