Saturday, August 22, 2015

CCI Orientation & Why You Should Be Proud To Be Italian

Hi everybody! I guess you are thinking about this weird title about being italian, but you have to wait a while, I'll talk about it later. First I wanna tell you about the meeting I've done this afternoon with the CCI exchange students of my district.


For who doesn't know it, CCI is my partner organization, which means that is the association that takes care about me here, that helps me if I have problems or whatever during my experience and it's where my local coordinator is from. Today we have done a sort of orientation to see how everything is going, to know the other exchange and to share some information. A very important thing I discovered is that I can travel alone! So I'm planning to go to visit my host family and my friends in Connecticut, where I've been last year to see how was live abroad and that time there had me chosen to do this year and this experience so I'm really thankful to them. I'll let you know :)

Be proud to be Italian, why? Well, first of all, travelling around the world I realised that the Italian scholastic system is the best one, it gives you a unique culture and preparation. Here I take World History class and this week we have talked about Renaissance and Humanism and I realised that Italy is at center of everything in this period, the years when it was born the culture, the humanism, the study method, the scientific method, science, chemistry, literature. All these stuff that started almost one hundred years ago and that are what still today we study. I had already studied these issues in Italy and I knew that a lot of important men and personalities were Italian but I had never thought that it's recognised so important everywhere in the world! This made me think a lot about the importance we Italian don't give to our own culture and history, because when people here discover that I'm from Italy they all say 'Man, I wish I went there'. So what I'd like you Italians to do is think about this and stop talking just about what's wrong in our country ;)

Italian Translation
Ciao a tutti! Suppongo stiate pensando a questo strano titolo, abbiate pazienza per un attimo, vi spiegherò presto. Prima di tutto vorrei parlarvi dell'incontro di questo pomeriggio con gli exchange students della CCI del mio distretto.
Per coloro che non lo sapessero la CCI è la mia organizzazione partner, cioè l'associazione che mi aiuta se ho problemi e mi segue durante la mia esperienza ed è quella per cui il mio coordinatore locale lavora. Oggi abbiamo fatto una specie di orientation per vedere come sta andando, per conoscerci e condividere informazioni. Una cosa davvero importante che ho scoperto è che posso viaggiare da solo! Così sto programmando di andare a visitare la mia famiglia ospitante e i miei amici in Connecticut, dove sono stato l'anno scorso per vedere come fosse vivere all'estero e quel periodo lì mi ha fatto decidere di fare questo anno e questa esperienza, per questo sono loro molto grato. Vi farò sapere :)
Essere orgoglioso di essere italiano, perché? Beh, innanzitutto viaggiando per il mondo mi sono reso conto che il sistema scolastico italiano è il migliore, ti dà una cultura e una preparazione unica. Qui faccio lezioni di Storia e questa settimana abbiamo parlato del Rinascimento e dell'Umanesimo e mi sono reso conto che l'Italia è al centro di tutto in questo periodo, gli anni in cui è nata la cultura, l'umanesimo, il metodo di studio, il metodo scientifico, scienze, chimica, letteratura. Tutte queste cose che sono nate quasi mille anni fa e che noi studiamo ancora oggi. Io ho già studiato questi argomenti in Italia e so che molti uomini importanti erano italiani ma non avrei mai pensato che quest'importanza è riconosciuta a livello mondiale! Questo mi ha fatto pensare molto riguardo all'importanza che noi italiani non diamo alla nostra stessa cultura e storia, perché quando le persone qui scoprono che vengo dall'Italia tutti loro dicono 'Quanto vorrei andarci'. Perciò vorrei che voi italiani che state leggendo questo che pensaste a tutto ciò e smetteste di parlare solo di cosa non va nel nostro Paese ;)

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment