Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saxophone & Jazz Band

A new year has started, another one is gone. As usual people make goals for the new year, promises, which ofter are not accomplished. I don't wanna be like that, and I won't. This year is very important for me, it's gonna be one of the best of my life, I'll never forget it. I think you guys know I play the baritone, I have been playing it for 7 years, and I'm not going to stop. But I've also wanted to learn more, I love music! I've always wanted to learn several instruments, mainly Piano and Saxophone. Talking to a friend last week I realised that you can join a band at school even tho you don't play an instrument, you can practice at home and do self-teaching, and learn in the process. I also realised that you can take two classes at the same period and be sometimes in a class and sometimes in the other, if they're not main classes. Putting all this stuff together it turned out perfect. So I decided to learn the saxophone. I talked to Mr. Bell, our music director, and he was really happy about it, and he gave me a tenor sax, I wanted an alto sax but he didn't have one, and they're the same, once you learn one you can play all the saxophones. I was so excited, and this morning I went to the music store to buy reeds, a book, a neck strap and other stuff. So I started and at the beginning it was a little bit hard to get the notes and learn the positions but I did it. Between yesterday and today I practised like 3/4 hours and I think I did a good job, I know all the notes and I got a good sound, I just have to get more confident changing positions fast and practice practise practise! I'm really happy about his. I'll be playing in Jazz Band, which is the same period as Spanish V in my schedule, which is an easy class for me since I'm pretty fluent in Spanish so it's totally fine if I skip it once or twice a week. Next Tuesday I'll have my first practise with the band and then I'll let you know :) Hope you like the songs I chose! 

Un nuovo anno è iniziato e un altro è finito. Come sempre le persone si pongono propositi per l'anno nuovo, si fanno promesse, che spesso non mantengono. Non voglio essere così, e non lo sarò. Quest'anno è molto importante per me e sarà uno dei migliori della mia vita, non me ne dimenticherò mai. Credo sappiate che suono il Flicorno Baritono (Bombardino) da circa 7 anni e non ho intenzione di smettere. Ho sempre voluto imparare a suonare altri strumenti, soprattutto Pianoforte e Sax. Parlando con un'amica ho scoperto che si può entrare in una delle bande a scuola anche senza saper suonare, si fa pratica a casa e si impara da autodidatta, poi si fanno le prove a scuola e si impara nel processo. Ho scoperto anche che si possono frequentare due classi nello stesso periodo, si va a volte a una e a volte all'altra. Pensando a tutto questo ho realizzato che è perfetto, quindi ho deciso di imparare a suonare il Sax. Ho parlato con Mr. Bell, il nostro maestro di banda, ed era molto contento e mi ha dato un sax tenore. Io in realtà volevo un contralto ma non ne aveva uno, ma in realtà è uguale perché si suonano tutti allo stesso modo quindi una volta in Italia posso benissimo suonare il contralto. Ero davvero contento e stamattina sono andato al negozio di musica a comprare ance, un libro, un collare e altre cose. Ho iniziato a provare e all'inizio era un po' difficile fare le note giuste e imparare le posizione. Fra ieri e oggi mi sono esercitato 3/4 ore e ora non va per niente male, so tutte le note e posizione, devo solo prendere più confidenza e imparare a cambiare note velocemente. Sono davvero felice! Suonerò in Jazz Band che è alla stessa ora di spagnolo, che però è facile visto che parlo bene spagnolo quindi non avrò problemi se salterò alcune lezioni. Il prossimo martedì farò la mia prima prova con quella banda e niente, vi farò sapere :) Spero vi piacciano le canzoni che ho scelto!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment