Monday, January 4, 2016

Christmas & New Year's Eve

Happy New Year Everybody!!! Sorry I'm late hahaha It's been a while and this is why I have different thinks to talk about. Pretty much it's this holidays, how I spent these past two weeks. I'll likely do another post, maybe still today, to talk about the last weekend, which we spent in the mountains.

First the exchange student party we did on the 20th with the CCI which was fun, we had to make an original dessert from our country to share, I made a Crostata (Italian Tart). Then we had to buy a White Elephant: a little gift that was going to be given to one of the other students randomly, a sort of Secret Santa, with different rules. I got a wc toilet shaped mug, which I don't have right now but I'll post a picture if I remember to hahaha. After that some friends and I went to eat at Smash Burger. We'll have a ski trip at the end of the month which I wasn't going to go since I can't ski, but after I tried yesterday with my host family I really liked it so I'll go.
On Christmas' Eve with my family we went to eat to a friend's house and then we spent a while to my host sister's boyfriend's house. It was pretty fun. For the Christmas' day we went to church and then we came home and open the presents. On 26th we went to a baptism, their cousin's sons one and then we had a little party here at the house since it was also my host mom's brother birthday. Party never ends lol. After that I had some quiet days at home, sleeping and watching Netflix. For New Year's Eve we rented a Salon with friends and relatives, 70 people actually, where there was food, a lot of food, and music and there we spent the midnight. For the 30th Helen made Tamales, which is a typical food from El Salvador where she is from and they're amazing! 
Then we spent last weekend in the mountains but I'll make another post soon about that.  Happy New Year, hope it's gonna be an awesome one! :)

Tamales
Buon anno a tutti! Scusate il ritardo, non ho scritto per un po'. In questo post parlerò velocemente di queste vacanze, Natale e Capodanno, le ultime due settimane. Penso che poi farò un altro post in cui parlerò del fine settimana scorso che abbiamo passato in montagna. Prima di tutto volevo parlare della festicciola che abbiamo fatto il 20 con gli exchange student della CCI. Ci siamo trovati e ognuno doveva fare e portare un dolce tipico del proprio paese, io ho fatto la crostata :) Poi dovevamo anche comprare un piccolo regalo per questo gioco chiamato Elefante Bianco, una specie di Natale Segreto. Io ho ricevuto una tazza a forma di toilet che però ora non ho, posterò una foto prossimamente. Dopo questo siamo andati a Smash Burger a mangiare, veramente buono!!! A fine mese ci sarà una giornata in cui andremo a sciare, non pensavo di andare visto che non sapevo sciare ma poi siamo andati ieri con la mia famiglia e non è difficile, ho imparato e mi sono divertito molto quindi ci andrò di sicuro. 
Crostata
Per la vigilia di Natale siamo andati a cena a casa di un amico e poi siamo stati un po' a casa del fidanzato della mia sorella ospitante, Katherine. Il giorno di Natale siamo andati a messa e poi siamo tornati a casa e abbiamo aperto i regali. Il giorno di Santo Stefan, che qui non è festeggiato, siamo andati al battesimo dei figli del cugino e poi abbiamo avuto una piccola festa a casa visto che era anche il compleanno del fratello di Helen, la mia madre ospitante. Sono stati giorni di festa, troppo cibo hahah Dopo questi giorni ho avuto giornate tranquille in cui ho praticamente dormito e guardato film.
Per Capodanno abbiamo affittato un salone con amici e parenti, eravamo in 70, e c'era musica e cibo, molto cibo e lì abbiamo passato la mezzanotte. Per Capodanno Helen fa sempre Tamales, cucina tipica salvadoregna, che erano davvero fantastici. L'ultimo fine settimana l'abbiamo passato in montagna, più tardi scriverò un altro post.
Buon 2016 a tutti, vi auguro che sia un anno fantastico! :)

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment