Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving!!! Of course this is what I'm gonna talk about in this post, then I'll tell something real quick about the preparation for Christmas, which is gonna be in 21 days!!!
First of all for whoever didn't know it, Thanksgiving is a festivity celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November originally to give thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Today represent a day to be thankful for what we have, and most important is 'A day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens' (Abraham Lincoln), meaning be thankful to God. It was a really amazing day when I really felt part of this culture, this world, this reality. Since my host family is hispanic and catholic I think it's also been more important since more related to religion. The food was awesome, I gained more weight than I had already. We had a party here in our house with friends and family, we prepared all the food and decorations and for dinner we celebrated it. As tradition on Thanksgiving day people eat a turkey, which was delicious! Thanksgiving is also the day that starts the holiday season which leads to Christmas, which is in 21 days!!! Here are also some pictures about the Christmas decorations.

I'll take the occasion of Thanksgiving to say thank you, in the first place to my parents who did so much for me, who are the best parents ever and I'm really proud of them, and I hope they'll be of me too one day, and thanks again for this wonderful experience. I want to thank also my host family, such nice people who welcomed me in their house, treated me like a son and be really good and open with me, thank you for all this! :) 

Italian Translation
Ringraziamento! Questo è ovviamente ciò di cui vi parlerò e poi dirò qualcosa di veloce sulle decorazioni di Natale che è fra 21 giorni!!! Prima di tutto per chi non lo sapesse il Ringraziamento è una festività americana che si celebra il quarto giovedì di novembre per ringraziare in origine il raccolto e l'anno passato. Oggi rappresenta più un giorno per ringraziare quello che abbiamo e soprattuto 'Un giorno di ringraziamento e preghiera al nostro padre onnipotente che abita nei cieli' (Abraham Lincoln), cioè Dio. é stato davvero bello festeggiare questo giorno, sentirsi parte di questa cultura, questo mondo, questa realtà. Visto che la mia famiglia ospitante è ispanica e cattolica penso che sia stato anche più intenso in quanto maggiormente legato alla religione. Il cibo era fantastico, sono ingrassato parecchio hahaha. Per tradizione si mangia il tacchino che era davvero delizioso! ll Ringraziamento da anche inizio al periodo delle festività che porta al Natale, che è fra 21 giorni!!! Ecco alcune foto delle decorazioni.

Prendo l'occasione della festa del Ringraziamento per dire grazie prima di tutto ai miei genitori che hanno fatto così tanto per me, che sono i migliori genitori di sempre e di cui sono veramente fiero, e spero che loro lo saranno di me un giorno, e grazie ancora per questa fantastica esperienza. Voglio anche dire grazie alla mia famiglia ospitante, persone davvero gentili e carine che mi hanno accolto così calorosamente nella loro casa, trattato davvero bene e considerato come un figlio, grazie davvero! :)

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment