Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall Concert -Music & High School

Hi guys! Finally it's fall break!!! Friday was the first day and I'll be on vacation till Monday 26, but I have soccer practise or game every day. I'm actually about to leave for a game. Anyway, today I wanna talk about the fall concert that we did last Thursday with the Sand Creek High School bands.

I'm pretty sure I told you I'm in the band, but not what I play. My instrument is the baritone and I've played it since the sixth grade. At Sand Creek there are several bands, the main one is the one I play in which is Wind Ensemble; then there is the Symphonic Band, the Jazz band and the Orchestra. All these are classes that you can take. There is also the Marching Band that is an activity in the afternoon, after school, and they play during football games and at contests and competition. Actually they're about to leave in a few days for a completion which will take place in New Mexico. Good Luck guys!!! By the way the concert was really good, I enjoyed it, most of all for the people I play with. Something that really surprise me here about music it's that the words for the speed and stuff are in Italian, like allegro, forte, piano, lento. That's interesting! If you are going on exchange I recommend you to play an instrument because it can really help you integrating, making friends and most of all having fun ;)

Italian Translation
Ciao, finalmente sono a casa per le vacanze d'autunno! Venerdì era l'ultimo giorno e sarò in vacanza fino a lunedì 26, ma ho allenamento per calcio o una partita tutti i giorni; ne ho una in un paio d'ore in realtà. Comunque, oggi vi voglio parlare del concerto d'autunno che abbiamo fatto giovedì con le bande della scuola. Sono abbastanza sicuro di avervi detto che sono nella banda della scuola, ma forse non che strumento suono: è il flicorno baritono, e lo suono della prima media. In Sand Creek ci sono molte bande: io suono in Wind Ensemble che è la più importante, c'è poi la banda sinfonica, l'orchestra e la banda jazz. Queste sono tutte materie che si può scegliere di seguire durante l'orario, c'è anche la banda in cui si fa marcia, che è però un'attività pomeridiana, si fanno gare, si suona ai giochi di football e si fanno competizioni. Ne hanno uno in New Mexico durante le vacanze, quindi buona fortuna ragazzi!!! Comunque il concerto è andato bene, mi sono divertito, soprattutto per le persone con cui suono. Qualcosa davvero interessante riguardo la musica qui è che le parole sugli spartiti sono in italiano, come allegro, forte, piano, lento. Se state pensando di diventare exchange vi consiglio di suonare uno strumento in una delle bande perchè aiuta a integrarsi, farsi amici e soprattutto divertirsi;)

Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment